The Wyoming State Society (WSS) serves both as a refuge for Wyomingites in Washington, DC who are far from home, and as an embassy for those who represent the ideals, traditions, and lifestyles of the Equality State on the East Coast.
Founded in 1977, the WSS mission is to celebrate the history, culture, social traditions, and philanthropic ideals of the people of Wyoming. We are proud to have an above-average population of Wyomingites in the Washington, DC area and WSS is a great way to gather us together for a taste of home.
Membership is limited to folks who are from, or have ties to, Wyoming. Click the Membership tab above to learn how to become a member.
WSS is a volunteer-run organization and each year an Executive Committee is elected. Elections are announced via the Wyoming State Society email list and Facebook page. Candidates submit a Statement of Interest, which are then compiled and distributed electronically to members, who vote for each of the six positions. Elections occur in January or February of each year, with officers serving for a calendar year.
2016 Executive Committee
- President: Sarah Meier | Cheyenne
- Vice President: Elisabeth Perry | Casper
- Treasurer: Liz Malm | Cheyenne
- Fundraising Chair: Macy Sukut | Greybull
- Events Chair: Chris Kennedy | Laramie
- Secretary: Dea Kollekowski | Sheridan
- Read our Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.
- Check out our past officers.
- See Wyoming State Society sponsors.
- Read some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- Check out some Cowboy State facts and lore.